Chicken & Bacon Baked Potato Casserole
2x the delicious servings!
We took the all-time favorite loaded baked potato and supersized it into a casserole and added chicken and broccoli—just right for feeding the entire clan! It starts with a creamy, cheesy bed of buttery mashed potatoes in your favorite baking dish. Layer on beautifully seared chicken and shallots with broccoli, crispy chopped bacon, and a generous sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Pop it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, then finish with dollops of sour cream and a shower of chives for pops of color and flavor. Whisk it straight over to the table to serve family style, and prepare to be adored! This recipe is double the typical servings, providing 4 servings and 8 servings for a 2 person and 4 person box respectively.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chopped Chicken Breast
Cream Sauce Base
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces if necessary. • Place potatoes in a large pot (divide between two large pots for 8 servings) with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. • Once potatoes have cooked 5 minutes, add broccoli. Cook, until broccoli is bright green and potatoes are tender, 5-7 minutes more. • Drain, then transfer broccoli to a large bowl; return potatoes to pot. TIP: It's OK if there are bits of broccoli in your potatoes!
• Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Thinly slice chives. • Arrange bacon* in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast on top rack until bacon is crispy, 10-15 minutes. • Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
• Open package of chicken* and drain off any excess liquid. Cut into bite-size pieces if necessary. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and shallot in a single layer. Season with Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Transfer chicken and shallot to bowl with broccoli. Stir to combine.
• To pot with drained potatoes, add cream sauce base, garlic powder, and 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 8 servings). Mash with a potato masher or fork until mostly smooth, leaving some larger pieces. • Stir in half the chives and one packet of cheddar (two packets for 8). Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (9-by-13- inch baking dish for 8 servings) with nonstick cooking spray. • Transfer mashed potatoes to prepared baking dish and smooth out in an even layer with a rubber spatula. Using a slotted spoon, top with chicken and broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheddar. • Bake on top rack until cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-15 minutes. • Remove from oven; let rest at least 5 minutes.
• Garnish casserole with remaining chives and dollop with sour cream. • Divide between plates or serve family style directly from baking dish. TIP: Finish with a drizzle of hot sauce if you like things spicy!
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.