Our chefs are obsessed with ramen—and no, we don’t mean the microwave variety. We’re talking about that soul-stirring combination of rich broth, tender meat and veggies, and a tangle of chewy noodles. This version stars a super-flavorful soy-infused pork broth, plus chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. Each bowl’s topped off with a homemade sesame garlic oil and fried onions for crispy contrast. If you weren’t a hopeless ramen-tic yet, this will make you one.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Pork Ramen Stock Concentrate
Soy Sauce(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince ginger. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sesame seeds, half the garlic, half the sesame oil (you’ll use the rest later), a drizzle of oil, and a big pinch of salt. • Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave until fragrant, 30 seconds. Set aside.
• Once water is boiling, add noodles to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. • Drain, then toss noodles with a drizzle of oil. • Return empty pot to stove.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pot used for noodles over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, ginger, and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, 30 seconds. • Stir in 3½ cups water (7 cups for 4 servings), ramen stock concentrates, chicken stock concentrates, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until ready to serve.
• While broth simmers, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side. • Drizzle with remaining sesame oil and turn chicken a few times to coat. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest
• Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt to pan used for chicken over medium- high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 3-5 minutes. • Transfer mushrooms to a plate. • Add a drizzle of oil to pan, then add spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2-3 minutes; season with salt. (TIP: If necessary, cook spinach in batches.) Turn off heat.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide noodles between large soup bowls. Pour broth over noodles (you may have noodles and broth left over—seconds!). Stir in as much sesame garlic oil as you like. • Top each bowl with chicken, mushrooms, spinach, and scallion greens. Sprinkle with a few crispy onions and serve. TIP: Don’t add all the crispy onions just yet! Add as you eat to keep them nice and crispy.