Our chefs are obsessed with ramen—and no, we don’t mean the microwave variety. We’re talking about that soul-stirring combination of rich broth, tender meat and veggies, and a tangle of chewy noodles. This version stars a super-flavorful soy-infused broth, plus chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. Each bowl’s topped off with a homemade chili-garlic oil and fried onions for crispy contrast. If you weren’t a hopeless ramen-tic yet, this will make you one.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Pork Ramen Stock Concentrate
Soy Sauce(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Crispy Fried Onions(ContainsWheat)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince ginger. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!).
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine sesame seeds, half the garlic, half the sesame oil (you’ll use the rest later), a drizzle of oil, a big pinch of salt, and chili flakes to taste. • Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Microwave until fragrant, 30 seconds. Set aside.
• Once water is boiling, add noodles to pot. Cook, stirring until just tender, 1-2 minutes. • Drain, then toss noodles with a drizzle of oil. Keep empty pot handy for next step.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in pot used for noodles over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, ginger, and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, 30 seconds. • Stir in 3½ cups water (7 cups for 4 servings), pork ramen stock concentrates, chicken stock concentrates, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to serve.
• While broth simmers, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with salt. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Drizzle with remaining sesame oil and turn chicken a few times to coat. • Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest.
• Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt to pan used for chicken over medium- high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Add a drizzle of oil to pan, then add spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 2-3 minutes; season with salt. (TIP: If necessary, cook spinach in batches.) Turn off heat.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide some noodles between large soup bowls. Pour some broth over noodles. (You may have noodles and broth left over—save for seconds!) Stir in as much chili garlic oil as you like. • Top each bowl with chicken, mushrooms, spinach, and scallion greens. Sprinkle with a few crispy onions and serve. TIP: Don’t add all the onions just yet! Add as you eat to keep them nice and crispy.