Chicken Sausage & Broccoli Pasta Skillet
with Toasted Garlic Panko & Parmesan
Need a quick dinner with minimal cleanup (that doesn’t skimp on flavor)? Say hello to this pasta skillet! It's a one-pan wonder that has anticipated your every weeknight need. Tuscan-spiced chicken sausage, twisty cavatappi, and tender broccoli rice are swirled together in a skillet with a decadent Parmesan cream sauce. To top things off, herby toasted panko adds texture and a touch of heat, while extra Parm delivers pure umami. One pan, one dream!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Cream Sauce Base
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Halve, peel, and finely dice onion.
• Once water is boiling, add pasta to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 1 1⁄2 cups pasta cooking water (2 1⁄2 cups for 4 servings), then drain. • While pasta cooks, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) in a large pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, panko, and 1⁄4 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (1⁄2 tsp for 4). Cook, stirring occasionally, until panko is golden brown and garlic is fragrant, 2-4 minutes. • Transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage*, 1⁄2 TBSP Tuscan Heat Spice (1 TBSP for 4 servings; save the rest for another use), and a pinch of salt. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until sausage is browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. TIP: If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out. • Transfer sausage to a plate. Reserve pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly browned and softened, 4-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Stir in cream cheese, stock concentrate, cream sauce base, broccoli rice, half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving), 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water (2 cups for 4 servings), and 1⁄2 tsp salt (1 tsp for 4). Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
• Reduce heat to low; stir drained pasta and sausage into pan with sauce. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. • Increase heat to medium high; simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 1-3 minutes.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Top with garlic panko and remaining Parmesan and serve.