Chicken Sausage & Zucchini Flatbreads
with Garlicky White Sauce, Mozzarella & Parmesan
Surprise your boo with melty, delicious, foolproof, homemade pizza! And not just any pizza: these crispy flatbreads are spread with a creamy roasted garlic-infused white sauce you won’t be able to get enough of. You’ll top it with browned chicken sausage and tender roasted zucchini, sprinkle it all with mozzarella and Parmesan, then broil until melted and bubbling. As they look at you with love in their eyes, you’ll suddenly remember that old saying: The way to their heart is through their stomach!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and slice zucchini crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Peel garlic and place in the center of a small piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Place foil packet with garlic on same sheet. • Roast on top rack until zucchini is browned, 12-15 minutes.
• While veggies roast, heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Once veggies are done, transfer to a second plate. Carefully wipe off any excess oil from sheet; place flatbreads on sheet. • Drizzle each flatbread with oil; toast on top rack until lightly golden, 5-7 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide between two baking sheets; toast on top and middle racks.)
• While flatbreads toast, transfer roasted garlic to a cutting board; mash with the back of a fork. • Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in pan used for sausage over medium-high heat. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly, until lightly browned, 30 seconds. • Whisk in cream cheese, roasted garlic, lemon zest, ½ cup water, ½ tsp sugar, and juice from half the lemon (1 cup water, 1 tsp sugar, and juice from whole lemon for 4) until combined. Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. (TIP: If sauce seems too thick, add more water a splash at a time.) Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat broiler to high. Evenly spread flatbreads with half the sauce, then top with sausage and zucchini. Drizzle remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. • Broil flatbreads until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes (for 4 servings, broil in batches). • Slice flatbreads into quarters and divide between plates. Serve with remaining lemon wedges.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.