Chimichurri Grilling Cheese Toasties
with Caramelized Onion & Southwest Potato Wedges
Did you know you can grill cheese? And no, we don’t mean the melty diner sandwich—we’re talking about throwing a big hunk of cheese directly onto the heat so the outsides get beautifully charred while the insides get warm and soft. If you haven’t gathered yet, it’s one of our all-time favorite dairy creations. Here, you’ll dredge the cheese in Southwest spices, then sear in a hot pan for that delicious crust. It’s sandwiched between toasted potato buns with caramelized onion and a bright, creamy chimichurri sauce, then paired with spiced potato wedges for good measure. Being cheesy never tasted so good.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Soy, Wheat)
Southwest Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; mince a few slices until you have 1 tsp (2 tsp for 4 servings). Peel and mince garlic. Mince cilantro. Finely dice jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Zest and quarter lime.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Southwest Spice (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and crispy, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, heat a large drizzle of oil in a medium, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 8-10 minutes. • Add 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings) and a splash of water; cook until caramelized, 2-3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, minced onion, lime zest, ¼ tsp garlic, juice from 2 lime wedges (4 wedges for 4 servings), a pinch of jalapeño, a pinch of cumin, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4), salt, and pepper. • Halve buns; toast in oven until golden, 3-5 minutes. TIP: Place directly on oven rack, or use a second baking sheet.
• Halve grilling cheese crosswise into two squares. Place on a plate and season all over with remaining Southwest Spice. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add grilling cheese and cook until browned, 1-3 minutes per side.
• Divide toasted buns between plates; fill with caramelized onion, grilling cheese, and creamy chimichurri. Serve with potato wedges and remaining lime wedges on the side.