We adore the oh-so-comforting meatloaf, which can easily be dressed up with whatever flavors we’re craving. In this fun riff on the classic, individual pork meatloaves are coated with a glaze of cranberry jam, tangy ketchup, and smoky chipotle. Oh, and the sides: Creamy sweet potato mash, roasted Brussels sprouts, and rich, savory gravy to bring it all together. Easy and super flavorful... talk about a weeknight-friendly meal we meat-LOOOVE.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Trim and halve Brussels sprouts. Halve and peel shallot. Grate one half on the largest holes of a box grater over a large bowl; mince remaining.
• Place sweet potato in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes. Reserve ¼ cup sweet potato cooking liquid (½ cup for 4 servings), then drain. Return to pot and cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, to bowl with grated shallot, add pork*, garlic powder, panko, half the ketchup, salt (we used ¾ tsp; 1½ tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4 servings). Place meatloaves on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet. (Place meatloaves across entire sheet for 4.) • In a small bowl, combine jam, half the chipotle powder, remaining ketchup, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
• Toss Brussels sprouts with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper on opposite side of baking sheet from meatloaves. (Spread Brussels sprouts out on a second baking sheet for 4 servings.) • Roast on top rack until meatloaves and Brussels sprouts are almost cooked through, 15 minutes (For 4, roast meatloaves on top rack and Brussels sprouts on middle rack, swapping positions halfway through).
• Meanwhile, melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium pan over medium heat. Add minced shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, 3-4 minutes. • Sprinkle with flour; stir to combine. Whisk in stock concentrate, mustard, and ½ cup water (1 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and saucy, 1-3 minutes. TIP: If gravy is too thick, whisk in a splash of water. Reheat over low heat just before serving if necessary.
• Once meatloaves have cooked 15 minutes, carefully brush tops with cranberry glaze. Return sheet to oven and roast, until cooked through, 5-6 minutes more. • To pot with drained sweet potato, add sour cream, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and a pinch of chipotle powder (we used ⅛ tsp for 2 servings; ¼ tsp for 4) if you like a bit of heat. Mash, adding splashes of reserved sweet potato cooking liquid as needed, until smooth and creamy.
• Slice meatloaves crosswise. • Divide gravy, mashed sweet potato, and Brussels sprouts between plates. Arrange meatloaves over gravy and serve.