Step aside, side salad—this hearty kale version is the stuff of dinner dreams. We toss the tender greens with apple slices, roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato, chewy dried cranberries, and a creamy, tangy honey Dijon dressing. It’s all topped with Parm frico—aka deliciously crispy cheese wafers—for a hearty-yet-light-feeling dinner you’re going to want to make again and again.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ciabatta Bread(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Honey Dijon Dressing(ContainsEggs)
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim Brussels sprouts; halve or quarter lengthwise depending on size. Peel and dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Halve ciabatta lengthwise. Remove and discard any large stems from kale; chop into bite-size pieces. Halve and core apple; thinly slice one half (whole apple for 4 servings).
• In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and sweet potato with a large drizzle of oil, Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spread out across a baking sheet. (Keep bowl handy for step 5.) • Roast on top rack until veggies are browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. • Let cool at least 5 minutes.
• Once veggies are almost done, place 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in garlic to taste, then brush onto cut sides of ciabatta. Season with salt and pepper. • Place ciabatta cut sides up on one side of a second baking sheet.
• Lightly oil opposite side of sheet from ciabatta; evenly sprinkle Parmesan into two 3-inch-wide circles (four circles for 4 servings) on sheet. • Bake on middle rack until ciabatta is toasted and frico is golden brown and crisp, 6-8 minutes. TIP: Check often to make sure the cheese doesn’t burn. • Let frico cool on sheet until crispy, then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• While ciabatta toasts, place kale in bowl used for veggies. Add a drizzle of olive oil; lightly season with salt. Using your hands, massage kale until leaves are tender, 30-60 seconds. • Add sliced apple, cranberries, and ¾ of the roasted veggies (save the rest for serving) to bowl; toss with honey Dijon dressing to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Halve garlic bread on a diagonal. Break frico into bite-size pieces. • Divide salad between plates or shallow bowls. Garnish with remaining roasted veggies and frico. Serve with garlic bread on the side.