Creamy Caramelized Onion Meatloaves
with Sumac-Roasted Carrots & Zucchini
Glaze ‘em, smother ‘em, stuff ‘em—meatloaves really can do it all. These loaves mix things up with a spoonful of creamy sauce over top, made with sweet caramelized onion, cream cheese, butter, and a pinch of parsley. On the side, sumac—a tangy Middle Eastern spice—seasons roasted carrots and zucchini with citrusy flavor (similar to lemon zest!). Serve it all together, letting the sauce pool around the veggies, for a perfectly paired plate and yet another meatloaf miracle.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick half-moons.
• In a medium bowl (use a large bowl for 4 servings), gently combine beef*, panko, garlic powder, salt (we used ¾ tsp; 1¼ tsp for 4), and pepper. • Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4).
• Place meatloaves on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet. TIP: Line sheet with foil first for easier cleanup. • Toss carrots on empty side with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, use 2 baking sheets; roast meatloaves on middle rack and carrots on top rack.) • Roast on top rack until meatloaves are cooked through and carrots are browned and tender, 22-25 minutes. TIP: Love extra-crispy veggies? Once meatloaves are done, remove from sheet and continue roasting carrots for 2-3 minutes more.
• While everything roasts, halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Pick parsley leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes (7-10 minutes for 4 servings). Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan. • Add a large drizzle of oil to same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 6-9 minutes. TIP: Lower heat and add a splash of water if onion begins to brown too quickly.
• Add cream cheese, stock concentrate, ½ cup water, and ¾ tsp sugar (1½ tsp for 4 servings) to pan with onion; cook until thickened, 1-3 minutes more. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) and a pinch of chopped parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Carefully toss zucchini and carrots together with half the sumac (all for 4 servings). • Divide meatloaves and carrots and zucchini between plates. Spoon caramelized onion sauce over meatloaves; garnish with remaining chopped parsley. Serve.
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160º.