We’re big fans of pan sauces because they’re an easy way to add tons of restaurant-level flair to your dish. Here, tangy lemon juice, punchy Dijon, sour cream, and fresh chives mingle to create a condiment that takes seared chicken to the next level. On the side, there’s zesty lemon rice and a green salad that’s bursting with crispy pieces of apple—because you only deserve the best!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Wash and dry produce. • Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest one lemon and quarter both). Mince chives. Halve and core apple; quarter one half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into triangles (quarter and slice whole apple for 4).
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups water for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a medium bowl, combine 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), juice from half the lemon, half the mustard (you’ll use the rest later), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4), salt, and pepper. Stir in half the chives. Set aside.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat same pan over medium-high heat. Add stock concentrate, remaining mustard, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice. Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in sour cream and remaining chives. Add water 1 tsp at a time until sauce reaches a drizzling consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. • Add mixed greens and sliced apple to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. • Divide chicken, rice, and salad between plates. Drizzle chicken with sauce. Cut remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.