Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
with Parmesan Zucchini Rounds & Scallion Couscous
Lemon is our go-to ingredient for brightening up any meal, and this dish is positively bursting with citrusy goodness! Seared chicken is drizzled with a creamy, lemon-spiked pan sauce that would taste good on pretty much anything. On the side, there’s roasted zucchini topped with a crispy Parmesan topping—plus scallion-studded Israeli couscous tossed with both lemon juice and zest. When life gives you lemons, you know what to do.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and slice zucchini crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Zest and halve lemon. • In a small bowl, combine panko and Parmesan with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper.
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, half the Tuscan Heat Spice (you’ll use the rest in the next step), salt, and pepper. • Arrange zucchini in a single layer so they are touching but not overlapping. Top with panko mixture. • Roast on top rack until zucchini is tender and panko is golden brown and crispy, 15-18 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Tuscan Heat Spice, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• While chicken cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites; cook until softened, 1 minute. • Add couscous; stir until toasted, 30 seconds. • Stir in ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), half the stock concentrates (you’ll use the rest in the next step), and a pinch of salt. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook until couscous is tender, 6-8 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add remaining stock concentrates, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Simmer until slightly reduced, 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
• To pot with couscous, add juice from half the lemon, half the lemon zest, half the scallion greens, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. TIP: If couscous seems dry, add a splash of water. For extra richness, stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). • Divide couscous, chicken, and zucchini between plates. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with remaining scallion greens and lemon zest. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.