Creamy Mushroom Chowder with Couscous
with Spinach, Croutons & Lemon
This isn’t your mom’s chowder—nope, no seafood here. Instead, it’s loaded with veggies but still creamy as all get out (plus it’s ready in just 15 minutes!). We’re talking about a steaming bowl of herbaceous broth studded with meaty mushrooms, fresh spinach, and scallions. And to beef up the texture, Israeli couscous plays its springy part, as do crunchy croutons. This lunchtime bowl is finished with a bright squeeze of lemon for a veggie chowda even your mom would be prouda!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Cream Sauce Base
Italian Herb Paste
(Contains Milk, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce.
• Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are slightly softened, 1-2 minutes.
• Stir in 2 cups water, stock concentrate, and couscous. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook until couscous and veggies are tender, 5-7 minutes.
• Meanwhile, quarter lemon.
• In a small bowl, combine half the cornstarch with 1 TBSP water (all the cornstarch and 2 TBSP water for 4 servings).
• Once couscous and veggies are tender, add cream sauce base, Italian herb paste, spinach, and cornstarch mixture to pot. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 2-3 minutes more.
• Divide chowder between bowls; top with croutons and scallion greens. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and remaining lemon wedges on the side.