Crispy Cheddar Chicken
with Loaded Bacon Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli
Crispy chicken is always a recipe for success. Add melty cheddar and bold spices to the mix, and you’ve got a winning dinner. Once baked, the crust turns golden brown while the meat stays juicy and tender. But wait… there’s more! The crunchy cutlets are served alongside tender roasted broccoli and cheesy, bacon-and-chive-studded mashed potatoes. Together, it’s a meal as elegant as it is satisfying and delicious.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
(Contains Eggs, Soy)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Finely chop chives. • Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in panko, half the Fry Seasoning, half the cheddar (you’ll use the rest of the seasoning and cheese later), salt, and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place on one side of prepared sheet (for 4 servings, spread out across entire sheet). • Evenly spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto tops of chicken (you might not use all the mayo); mound with panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides).
• Toss broccoli on opposite side of sheet from chicken with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, add broccoli to a second sheet; roast chicken on top rack and broccoli on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until broccoli is browned and tender and chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. TIP: For a deeply golden crust, broil chicken for the last 2-3 minutes.
• While chicken and broccoli roast, place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. • Meanwhile, place bacon* in a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer bacon to a papertowel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
• To pot with drained potatoes, add sour cream, remaining cheddar, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Mash until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. • Stir in half the bacon and half the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli between plates. Top mashed potatoes with remaining bacon and remaining chives. Serve.