Crispy Cheddar Chicken
with Loaded Bacon Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus
Crispy chicken is always a recipe for success. Add melty cheddar and bold spices to the mix, and you’ve got a winning dinner. Once baked, the crust turns golden brown while the meat stays juicy and tender. But wait... there’s more! The crunchy cutlets are served alongside tender roasted asparagus and cheesy, bacon-and-chive-studded mashed potatoes. Together, it’s a meal as elegant as it is satisfying and delicious.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus. Finely chop chives. • Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in panko, half the cheddar, half the Fry Seasoning, (you’ll use the rest of the cheese and Fry Seasoning later), salt, and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with remaining Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place on one side of prepared sheet (for 4 servings, spread out across entire sheet). • Evenly spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto tops of chicken (you might not use all the mayo); mound with panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides). • Roast on top rack for 5 minutes (you’ll add the asparagus then).
• While chicken roasts, place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash. • Meanwhile, heat a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon* and cook, turning occasionally, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once bacon is cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
• Once chicken has roasted 5 minutes, remove sheet from oven. • Carefully toss asparagus on empty side with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, leave chicken roasting; add asparagus to a second sheet and roast on middle rack.) • Continue roasting until asparagus is tender and chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes more. TIP: For a deeply golden crust, broil chicken for the last 2-3 minutes.
• To pot with drained potatoes, add sour cream, remaining cheddar, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Mash until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. • Stir in half the bacon and half the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide chicken, mashed potatoes, and asparagus between plates. Top potatoes with remaining bacon and remaining chives. Serve.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165º.
Bacon is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145º.