Crispy Chicken & Bacon Alfredo
with Spinach, Parmesan & Chives
Our chefs channelled their inner alfredo lover in tonight’s meal and took it to the next level with not just one, but two decadent proteins: crispy chicken and bacon. Both are served with al dente spaghetti that gets tossed in a homemade creamy alfredo sauce with chives and spinach. Don’t be al-fred-o to lick up any sauce left on the plate…
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cheese Roux Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Wash and dry produce. • Mince chives. • Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a small microwave- safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in panko, half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest later), and a large drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet. Evenly spread a thin layer of sour cream onto tops of chicken (you may have some left over). Mound coated sides with panko mixture, pressing to adhere (no need to coat the undersides). • Roast on middle rack until crust is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 18-22 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 1½ cups pasta cooking water (2 cups for 4 servings), then drain. Keep empty pot handy for step 5.
• Meanwhile, heat a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon* and cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. • Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, chop into small pieces. • Let pan with bacon fat cool slightly, then carefully add spinach. (TIP: Allowing the pan to cool will help prevent splattering.) Cook over medium heat, stirring, until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
• Once pasta and bacon are done, return empty pot used for pasta to medium heat. Add cheese roux, remaining garlic powder, and 1 cup reserved pasta cooking water (1½ cups for 4 servings); whisk to combine. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Lower heat to medium low and whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
• Add drained spaghetti, Parmesan, half the chives, and 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) to pot with alfredo sauce. Cook, stirring, until butter has melted and pasta is coated in a creamy sauce. • Stir in bacon and spinach. (TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time.) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Divide pasta between plates. Top with crispy chicken. Garnish with remaining chives and serve.