Grill Mates Pork Meatloaves
with Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans
Finding yourself in a meatloaf rut? Enter: this sweet and savory version. First, we blend ground pork with a not-so-secret ingredient—grated apple—for subtle sweetness and added moisture. Next, we form the mixture into mini loaves so everyone gets their own. The pièce de résistance? We infuse the usual ketchup glaze with a brown sugar bourbon seasoning for smoky, caramelized notes. Add sides of mashed potatoes and roasted green beans, and your routine meat-and-potatoes dinner doesn’t stand a chance.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (middle and top positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Halve and core apple; grate one half on the largest holes of a box grater (grate whole apple for 4). Zest and quarter lemon. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• While potatoes cook, in a small bowl, combine ketchup, 1 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice. (You’ll use the remaining seasoning in the next step.) Taste and season with pepper and more lemon juice if desired.
• In a large bowl, combine pork*, grated apple, scallion whites, panko, remaining McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. Form into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). • Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. Place meatloaves on one side of prepared sheet; top with half the glaze (you’ll use the rest in the next step). (For 4, spread meatloaves out across entire sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack for 10 minutes (they’ll finish cooking in the next step).
• Meanwhile, trim green beans if necessary. Toss in a medium bowl with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Once meatloaves have roasted 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven; carefully add green beans to empty side. (For 4 servings, add green beans to a second sheet; roast on top rack.) • Roast for 10 minutes, then remove from oven once more. Carefully brush meatloaves with remaining glaze. Return to oven until meatloaves are cooked through, glaze is tacky, and green beans are tender, 4-5 minutes more.
• While meatloaves and green beans finish, mash potatoes with 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
• Carefully toss green beans with lemon zest. • Divide meatloaves, mashed potatoes, and green beans between plates. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve.