Tonight’s chicken dish is sweet, savory and spicy thanks to a combo of honey, hoisin, Sriracha, and fresh ginger. On the side, there’s crisp green beans and a heap of steamy rice. Oh, and did we mention it only takes 20 minutes to whip this up in your own kitchen? Winner winner chicken dinner!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Hoisin Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Chicken Breast Strips
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, trim green beans if necessary. • Toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince ginger. • In a small bowl, combine hoisin, honey, 2 TBSP water (3 TBSP for 4 servings), and Sriracha to taste.
• Pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-5 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step).
• Once chicken is browned, add scallion whites and ginger to pan. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Pour in sauce; cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated and cooked through, 2-3 minutes more. Turn off heat.
• Fluff rice with a fork and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted; season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice, green beans, and chicken between plates. Garnish with scallion greens and sesame seeds. Serve.