Love chicken alfredo? Then you’ll adore this dreamy dish. It’s a sophisticated riff on the classic with tons more flavor infused into every bite. There’s Italian-spiced chicken, tender zucchini, and al dente spaghetti all coated in a creamy, cheesy, lemon-spiked sauce. It’s hearty yet light and guaranteed to put a smile on any pasta-lover’s face.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Peel and mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon (for 4 servings, zest 1 lemon and quarter both).
• Once water is boiling, add spaghetti to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain. Keep empty pot handy for step 5.
• While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Once zucchini is done, heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board to rest. • Once cool enough to handle, slice chicken crosswise.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in pot used for spaghetti over medium-high heat. Add garlic, half the lemon zest, and a pinch of chili flakes. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 20-30 seconds. • Stir in ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water (¾ cup for 4 servings), stock concentrate, and juice from 2 lemon wedges (four wedges for 4). Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
• Add drained spaghetti, zucchini, sour cream, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to sauce; toss to coat. • Add half the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until spaghetti is coated in a creamy sauce. • Divide pasta between bowls. Top with chicken, remaining Parmesan, remaining lemon zest, and a pinch of chili flakes if desired. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.