This week, we’re taking you on a trip to the Caribbean...from the comfort of your own kitchen! Jerk-spiced chicken legs are roasted to juicy, crispy perfection, then topped with a spicy-sweet pineapple salsa. On the side, there’s tender roasted green beans and aromatic coconut rice spiked with pineapple and lime juice. Together, it’s a full-blown flavor explosion. One bite will transport your taste buds to warm weather, white sand, and turquoise water—no passport required.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Cajun Spice Blend
Smoky Cinnamon Paprika Spice
Coconut Milk(ContainsTree Nuts)
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim green beans, if necessary. • In a small bowl, combine Cinnamon Paprika Spice, Cajun Spice, and 1 tsp sugar. • Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Drizzle chicken with oil, then rub all over with salt, pepper, and spice blend (you might not use all of it). Place on one side of a baking sheet. • 4 SERVINGS: Spread chicken out across entire sheet.
• Roast chicken on top rack for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. • Carefully toss green beans on empty side of sheet with a drizzle of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. • Return sheet to top rack. Roast until chicken is cooked through and green beans are tender, 12-15 minutes more. • 4 SERVINGS: Leave chicken roasting and toss green beans on a separate baking sheet. Roast green beans on bottom rack.
• Meanwhile, place rice in a fine-mesh strainer; rinse until water runs clear. • Add rice to a small pot with coconut milk, ¼ cup water, and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stir once, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use ½ cup water.
• Drain pineapple over a second small bowl, reserving juice; finely chop fruit. Trim and thinly slice scallions. Zest and quarter lime. Thinly slice chili. • In a third small bowl, combine chopped pineapple, scallions, juice from half the lime, and chili to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 TBSP pineapple juice (you’ll use the rest of the juice later). • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP pineapple juice.
• Once chicken and green beans are done roasting, remove green beans from sheet. • Heat broiler to high. Broil chicken until skin is crispy and lightly charred, 2-3 minutes. • TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in remaining pineapple juice, a squeeze of lime juice, and lime zest to taste. • Divide rice and green beans between plates. Top rice with chicken. Spoon pineapple salsa over chicken and serve.