Belle and the Beast, Sandy and Danny, syrup and mustard—sometimes opposites can’t help but attract! That’s why sweet maple and tangy Dijon make a surprisingly perfect pair. Our chefs mixed this duo into a magical glaze that adds a glossy finish and caramel-like flavor to roasted pork meatloaves. The loaves themselves are also infused with the magic of maple, while ponzu and garlic add an aromatic boost. And since we’re playing matchmaker, we went ahead and added Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes on the side. It’s truly a meal made in heaven!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsWheat, Fish, Soy)
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into 1⁄2-inch pieces; place in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve 1⁄2 cup potato cooking liquid, then drain. Return potatoes to pot and mash with sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
• While potatoes cook, trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise.
• In a large bowl, combine pork*, panko, ponzu, half the maple syrup, half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest of the syrup and garlic powder later), salt (we used 3⁄4 tsp; 11⁄4 tsp for 4 servings), and pepper. • Form mixture into two 1-inch-tall loaves (four loaves for 4). • Place meatloaves on one side of a lightly oiled baking sheet. (For 4, spread meatloaves out across entire sheet.) TIP: Line sheet with foil first for easier cleanup.
• Toss Brussels sprouts on empty side of baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, toss Brussels sprouts on a second sheet; roast meatloaves on middle rack and Brussels sprouts on top rack.) • Roast on top rack until meatloaves are mostly cooked through and Brussels sprouts are browned and tender, 20 minutes. (The meatloaves will finish cooking in the next step; if Brussels sprouts finish first, remove from oven and continue roasting meatloaves.)
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mustard, remaining maple syrup, and remaining garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. • Once meatloaves and Brussels sprouts have roasted 20 minutes, remove from oven and brush meatloaves with glaze. Return to oven until glaze is tacky and meatloaves are cooked through, 3-5 minutes more.
• Divide meatloaves, Brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes between plates. Serve.