Marinated Shrimp & Couscous
with Mixed Greens, Fresh Mozz & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Looking for a tasty meal that will fill you up without weighing you down? Seafood is your friend! This dish features shrimp marinated in garlic and two of our spice blends, then sauteed in butter, piled atop a scallion-lemon couscous, and served with a creamy balsamic-dressed green salad with fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes, and a sprinkle of sliced almonds.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Quarter lemon. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Halve tomatoes. Dice mozzarella into ½-inch cubes.
• Rinse shrimp* under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. • Place shrimp in a large bowl. Add garlic, juice from half the lemon, 1 TBSP olive oil, half the Fry Seasoning, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (you’ll use more in the next step), and a pinch of salt and pepper. (For 4 servings, use 2 TBSP olive oil, all the Fry Seasoning, and 2 tsp Italian Seasoning.) Toss to coat. Set aside to marinate, tossing occasionally.
• While shrimp marinates, heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and ½ tsp Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in couscous, stock concentrates, 1½ cups water (3 cups for 4), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, 6-8 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together half the vinegar, half the mayonnaise, and ½ tsp sugar until smooth (use all the vinegar, all the mayonnaise, and 1 tsp sugar for 4 servings). Slowly whisk in 2 TBSP olive oil (4 TBSP for 4); continue to whisk until combined and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp with marinade; cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted.
• In a medium bowl (use a large bowl for 4), toss together mixed greens, tomatoes, and mozzarella with as much dressing as you like. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir half the scallion greens, 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice into pot with couscous. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide couscous and salad between plates. Top couscous with shrimp, remaining scallion greens, and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Garnish salad with almonds and serve.
Shrimp are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145°.