Mozzarella-Stuffed Little Italy Burgers
with Griddled Tomato, Patate al Forno & Arugula Salad
Meet caprese salad—burger-fied! Yep, our chefs went and transformed everyone’s favorite Italian appetizer into a bodacious burger. And no, they didn’t just combine the two by stacking tomato, mozzarella, and basil on top of a plain ol’ patty...they took it to a whole new level. Think pesto-seasoned patties stuffed with melty mozz, then topped with lightly-charred tomato slices and a creamy pesto sauce. On the side, there’s a fresh arugula salad with tangy bites of balsamic-pickled shallot, plus crispy potato wedges (because it’s still a burger after all). Buon appetito!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
(Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Slice tomato into ½-inch-thick rounds.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine half the vinegar (you’ll use the rest later), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. Stir in shallot, then cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
• Toss potatoes on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes. • Meanwhile, in a second small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and half the pesto (you’ll use the rest in the next step). Season with salt and pepper.
• In a medium bowl, combine beef* and remaining pesto; season generously with salt and pepper. Form into two ½-inch-thick patties (four patties for 4 servings). • Divide mozzarella between centers of each patty. Fold edges of meat around mozzarella, shaping and sealing to create cheese-stuffed patties, each slightly wider than a burger bun.
• Season tomato slices all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add tomato slices and cook until lightly browned and slightly softened, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer griddled tomato to a plate. • Add another drizzle of olive oil to same pan; add patties and cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side.
• Halve and toast buns. • In a second medium bowl, whisk together remaining vinegar, 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. Add arugula and a bit of pickled shallot (draining first) to bowl; toss to coat. • Spread top buns with pesto sauce, then assemble burgers with patties, griddled tomato, and as much remaining pickled shallot as you like. Serve with salad, potato wedges, and any remaining pesto sauce on the side.