We love pasta in all its forms, but there’s something extra-special about ravioli—especially when it’s stuffed with earthy mushrooms. Here, we toss the tender pasta pillows with garlicky kale and toasted walnuts. It’s all served in a heavenly sauce of silky crème fraîche and rich brown butter, then sprinkled with Parmesan to bring home all those creamy, nutty notes. Pasta-tively delicious
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Mushroom Ravioli(ContainsMilk, Eggs, Wheat)
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Remove and discard any large stems from kale. Peel and mince or grate garlic.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. • Add half the kale and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender, 5-7 minutes. • Stir in garlic and another drizzle of olive oil. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds more. Turn off heat. Remove from pan; set aside. • 4 SERVINGS: Use all the kale. • TIP: If needed, add a splash of water to help soften kale.
• Once water is boiling, gently add ravioli to pot. Reduce heat to low; cook until tender and floating to the top, 3-4 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water, then drain.
• While ravioli cooks, melt 2 TBSP butter in pan used for kale over medium heat. • Once butter has melted, add walnuts. Cook, stirring, until walnuts smell toasty and butter is foamy and flecked with amber brown bits, 2-3 minutes. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 4 TBSP butter.
• Add kale mixture to same pan. • Stir in stock concentrate, crème fraîche, and ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water. • Bring to a simmer, then stir in ravioli. Cook, stirring, until ravioli is thoroughly coated in sauce, 1-2 minutes. Add more pasta cooking water a splash at a time if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1/3 cup reserved pasta cooking water.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.