Pan-Roasted Chicken & Shallot Sauce
with Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus & Mashed Potatoes
Winner-winner sure-fire chicken dinner—this meal’s got comfy and cozy date-night-in vibes to spare! Chicken cutlets are seared to a deep brown with a savory seasoning blend, then smothered in a rich, creamy shallot pan sauce (with plenty of sauce left to give some love to the fluffy, garlicky mashed potatoes). Roasted prosciutto-wrapped asparagus bundles sprinkled with lemon zest add a luxurious touch to your table.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces (for smoother mashed potatoes, peel first). Trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Place potatoes in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. TIP: Cover with a lid to bring to a boil more quickly. • Reserve 1 cup potato cooking liquid (1½ cups for 4 servings); drain and return potatoes to pot. Keep covered off heat until ready to mash.
• Gather asparagus into four even bundles (eight bundles for 4 servings) on a clean work surface. Starting 1 inch from the bottom of the spears, roll up each bundle of asparagus in a slice of prosciutto, so that the prosciutto covers as much length as possible. TIP: Tug the prosciutto a little as you wrap to keep it tight around the asparagus. • Place wrapped asparagus on a baking sheet; roast on top rack for 10 minutes, then flip and roast until crispy all over, 2-4 minutes more.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with Fry Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. TIP: Lower heat and cover if chicken begins to brown too quickly. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium heat. Add shallot; cook until softened and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in stock concentrates and 1⁄3 cup water (2⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in half the sour cream and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4).
• To pot with drained potatoes, add garlic powder, remaining sour cream, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Mash over medium-low heat until smooth and creamy, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Taste and season generously with salt and pepper.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and mashed potatoes between plates. Sprinkle lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice over asparagus. Place chicken atop potatoes and drizzle with creamy shallot sauce. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.