Pan-Seared Scallops & Lemon Butter Sauce
with Crème Fraîche Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Asparagus
If you think perfectly cooked scallops are only achievable with a dinner reservation at a fancy restaurant, think again! Here, you’ll master the art of the perfect sear, cooking the scallops until they form a beautifully caramelized, golden crust. The garlic-lemon pan sauce that’s drizzled over top is also delicious swiped through bites of crème fraîche mashed potatoes and chili roasted asparagus. Our compliments to the chef… oh yeah, that’s you!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Jumbo Sea Scallops
Seafood Stock Concentrate
(Contains Fish, Shellfish)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Peel garlic; finely chop half and leave remaining whole. Thinly slice chives. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Place potatoes and whole garlic in a medium pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid, then drain and return potatoes to pot. • Mash with crème fraîche and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. Season with salt and pepper. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While potatoes cook, trim and discard woody bottom ends from asparagus. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of chili flakes, and salt. • Roast on middle rack until tender and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat scallops* dry with paper towels. Season all over with half the paprika (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook until opaque and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Tent with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and half the lemon zest (all for 4 servings). Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add stock concentrate, a big squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4). Simmer until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. • Turn off heat; season with salt and pepper. • Stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) and half the chives.
• Divide scallops, mashed potatoes, and asparagus between plates. Top scallops with sauce. Garnish dish with remaining chives. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Scallops are fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 145º.