Looking for a way to add tons of extra flavor to your meal with almost NO effort? We’ve got two words for you: pan sauce. This one comes together in just three minutes with savory chicken stock, tangy lemon juice, rich butter, and sweet peach jam. It’s drizzled all over BBQ-rubbed pork chops, then served with fluffy rice and zesty green beans. If you find yourself licking the plate clean, we won’t judge.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet and Smoky BBQ Seasoning
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and mince garlic. Zest and quarter lemon.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, trim green beans if necessary. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat pork* dry with paper towels. Season all over with BBQ Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. (Lower heat if pork begins to brown too quickly.) • Turn off heat; transfer pork to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Return same pan to medium-high heat. Stir in jam, stock concentrate, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and juice from half the lemon. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper. • Return pork to pan and turn a few times to coat.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and season with salt and pepper. Toss green beans with lemon zest. • Divide rice, green beans, and pork between plates. Spoon any remaining sauce from pan over pork. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.