Is there anything better than tender, buttery fish with a crunchy, nutty topping? Why, yes! How about Steelhead trout fillets coated in a creamy honey mustard sauce, then crusted in a mixture of crushed pecans, panko, fresh thyme, and butter? (To be honest, we’d eat anything with that sprinkled on top!) The topping turns toasty and crispy in the oven as the fish cooks to juicy perfection. As if that weren’t enough to sell you, on the side, we’re also serving up thyme-roasted potato rounds and mixed greens with apple slices. Weeknight luxury is just 35 minutes away!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Cut potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Strip thyme leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves until you have 2 tsp (4 tsp for 4 servings). Finely chop pecans or crush in their bag with a heavy-bottomed pan or rolling pin.
• Lightly oil a baking sheet. Toss potatoes on sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the chopped thyme, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes total. (You’ll start the trout after 12 minutes.)
• While potatoes roast, place 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Let cool slightly, then stir in pecans, panko, remaining chopped thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper. • In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, and mayonnaise.
• Pat trout* dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle skin sides with oil; rub to coat. • Once potatoes have roasted 12 minutes, place trout skin sides down on a second baking sheet. Evenly spread tops with a thin layer of honey mustard sauce (save remaining sauce for serving); mound with pecan mixture, pressing firmly to adhere. • Transfer potatoes to middle rack and place trout on top rack. Roast until crust is golden brown and trout is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, halve, core, and thinly slice apple. Quarter lemon. • In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, apple, a large drizzle of olive oil, and as much lemon juice as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide trout, potatoes, and salad between plates. Drizzle trout with remaining honey mustard sauce and serve.