There’s nothing nuts about wanting pecan-crusted everything—other than the nuts, of course! Our chefs took this to the next level, coating steelhead trout fillets in a creamy honey mustard sauce, then crusting them in a mixture of crushed pecans, panko, fresh thyme, and butter. The topping turns toasty and crispy in the oven as the fish cooks to juicy deliciousness. We’re also serving up thyme-roasted potato rounds and mixed greens with apple slices, because you deserve a full, top-notch weeknight meal.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Slice potatoes into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Strip thyme leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves until you have 2 tsp (4 tsp for 4 servings). Finely chop pecans or crush in their bag with a heavy-bottomed pan or rolling pin.
• Lightly oil a baking sheet. Toss potatoes on sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the chopped thyme, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes total. (You’ll start the trout after 12 minutes.)
• While potatoes roast, place 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Let cool slightly, then stir in pecans, panko, remaining chopped thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper. • In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, and mayonnaise.
• Pat trout* dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle skin sides with oil; rub to coat. • Once potatoes have roasted 12 minutes, place trout skin sides down on a second baking sheet. Evenly spread tops with a thin layer of honey mustard sauce (save remaining sauce for serving); mound with pecan mixture, pressing firmly to adhere. • Transfer potatoes to middle rack and place trout on top rack. Roast until crust is golden brown and trout is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, halve, core, and thinly slice apple. Quarter lemon. • In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, apple, a large drizzle of olive oil, and as much lemon juice as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide trout, potatoes, and salad between plates. Drizzle trout with remaining honey mustard sauce and serve.