Pork Sausage Pesto Flatbreads
with Tomatoes & Mozz
Tomato, mozzarella, and pesto. This is a classic combination for a reason: These ingredients taste amazing together! And that’s especially true for these quick and easy flatbreads that have juicy Italian sausage joining the party. This meal is as simple as baking the flatbreads till they’re crisp, spreading them with a creamy white sauce, then layering on marinated tomatoes and crumbled sausage. Drizzle on some pesto, sprinkle with mozz, a quick trip in the oven, and boom! Dinner is ready. You’ll have plenty of extra time to enjoy that well-deserved glass of wine.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Italian Pork Sausage Mix
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Finely dice tomatoes. Peel and mince or grate garlic. • Place tomatoes in a medium bowl; season with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
• In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic, 3 TBSP water (4 TBSP for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine (you’ll use it in the next step).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. • Turn off heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a plate, reserving fat in pan. • Return pan to medium heat. Sprinkle flour over pan; whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute, whisking continuously (a few lumps are okay). Remove pan from heat. Add cream cheese mixture and whisk until smooth.
• Place flatbreads on a baking sheet; brush tops of each flatbread with a drizzle of olive oil. Toast on top rack until golden, 3-4 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide between two baking sheets; toast on top and middle racks.)
• Once flatbreads are toasted, remove from oven. Heat broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees. • Carefully spread sauce over flatbreads; top with seasoned tomatoes to taste (draining first) and sausage. Massage the pesto packet for 5 seconds; snip the corner and lightly drizzle flatbreads with pesto to taste. Evenly sprinkle with mozzarella. • Broil or bake until cheese melts and flatbreads are golden brown, 3-5 minutes. (For 4 servings, broil or bake in batches.) TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.
• Allow flatbreads to cool slightly, then slice each into quarters. Serve.
Pork Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160º.