Move over, marinara—there’s a new sauce in town. In this recipe, crispy flatbreads are slathered with a rich, creamy white sauce we just can’t get enough of. We top it off with melty mozzarella and roasted garlic, plus tender zucchini and juicy marinated tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives and chili flakes if you like a little zip, then sit back and enjoy. Pizza night just got a major upgrade.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Place garlic cloves in the center of a small piece of foil; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cinch into a packet. Halve tomatoes. Mince chives. • 4 SERVINGS: Adjust racks to top and middle positions.
• Toss zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place garlic foil packet on same sheet. • Roast on top rack until zucchini is browned and tender, 12-15 minutes. • Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a medium bowl; toss with a drizzle of olive oil, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. Set aside to marinate. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp Italian Seasoning with both zucchini and tomatoes.
• Once zucchini is tender, transfer to bowl with tomatoes; toss to combine. • Leaving foil packet with garlic on sheet, carefully wipe off any excess oil. Place flatbreads on same sheet. • Return to top rack until flatbreads are lightly toasted and garlic is softened, 5-7 minutes. • 4 SERVINGS: Divide between 2 baking sheets and toast on top and middle racks; swap rack positions halfway through toasting.
• While flatbreads toast, melt 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add flour, garlic powder, and remaining Italian Seasoning. Whisk constantly until lightly browned, 30 seconds. • Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in cream cheese and ½ cup water until melted and combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 TBSP butter and 1 cup water.
• Once garlic is done, carefully transfer cloves to a cutting board and roughly chop. • Heat broiler to high. • Evenly top flatbreads with sauce, roasted garlic, and veggies. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
• Broil flatbreads on top rack until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes. Slice flatbreads into pieces; sprinkle with chives and chili flakes to taste. • Divide between plates and serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Broil in batches. • TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning.