Roasted Zucchini & Onion Torta
with Guacamole & Roasted Potato Wedges
Looking for a dynamic dinner? Meet the torta! Our take on this classic Mexican sandwich starts with crusty bread slathered with savory, spiced mashed beans and a layer of guac, then stacked high with roasted onion, sautéed zucchini, fresh tomato, Monterey Jack, and pickled jalapeño. With roasted potato wedges on the side, this super-stuffed sammie turns torta-lly dinner worthy!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mexican Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Monterey Jack Cheese
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Peel onion and slice into ½-inch-thick rounds. Core and quarter jalapeño lengthwise, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Zest and quarter lime. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Trim and halve zucchini widthwise; cut each half lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick planks. Thinly slice tomato into rounds.
• Toss potatoes on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Toss onion rounds on empty side of sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide between two baking sheets; roast onion on top rack and potatoes on middle rack.) TIP: If onion is done before potatoes, remove from sheet and continue roasting potatoes.
• Meanwhile, in a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine jalapeño, juice from half the lime, ¼ tsp sugar (½ tsp for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt and pepper; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds. Keep covered and set aside until ready to use. • In a separate small bowl, combine guacamole and mayonnaise.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add half the beans and ¼ cup bean liquid. (For 4 servings, use all the beans and ½ cup bean liquid). Season with Mexican Spice Blend, half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest later), salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid has mostly evaporated, 5-7 minutes.
• Using a potato masher or fork, mash beans until mostly smooth. Remove pot from heat and stir in ½ TBSP butter (1 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted. Add lime zest to taste.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook until lightly browned, 2-5 minutes per side. Season with remaining garlic powder, salt, and pepper. • Halve baguette lengthwise. Spread guacamole mixture on cut sides of top buns. Spread bean mixture onto cut sides of bottom buns. Fill baguettes with a few slices of zucchini, onion, and tomato (we used 2-3 slices each). Top with Monterey Jack and pickled jalapeño to taste.
• Divide tortas and potato wedges between plates. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.