The beauty of a bowl-style dinner is the DIY element. This meal begins with a base of zesty rice and richly-spiced ground beef, then jazzes things up with homemade salsa, Monterey Jack cheese, a limey crema, and blue corn tortilla chips. When ready to build your bowl, feel free to go wild with assembly. Crema on bottom! Rice on top of chicken! Crush up your tortilla chips for a crunchy garnish, or serve along the side for scooping—follow your heart, chef!!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Southwest Spice Blend
Beef Stock Concentrate
Monterey Jack Cheese(ContainsMilk)
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
• Wash and dry all produce. • Finely dice tomato. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion; finely chop a few slices until you have 2 TBSP. Zest and quarter lime. Halve, deseed, and finely chop jalapeño. (TIP: Leave seeds in if you prefer more spice!) Peel and finely chop garlic.
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, combine tomato, chopped onion, half the lime zest, a squeeze of lime juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and as much jalapeño as you like. Season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 2- 3 minutes. • Add beef*, garlic, Southwest Spice, and another big pinch of salt. (TIP: If you like things spicy, add any remaining jalapeño.) Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. TIP: If there’s excess grease in your pan, carefully pour it out. • Stir in tomato paste and stock concentrate, then add ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Cook until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes more. • Stir in 1 TBSP butter; turn off heat.
• While beef cooks, in a second small bowl, combine sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and remaining lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with beef mixture, Monterey Jack, salsa, and crema. Serve with tortilla chips and remaining lime wedges on the side.