Soy-Glazed Carrot & Miso Edamame Bowls
with Pickled Cucumber, Sesame Dressing & Peanuts
What do we want? More veggies! When do we want them? Now! Our chefs heard the call and delivered big time with these veggie-packed bowls. Rest assured that the toppings are plenty, filling, and screaming with flavor. For instance, there’s edamame (a great source of plant-powered protein) that’s covered in a crispy miso butter coating, and tender pan-roasted carrots slicked with a sweet soy glaze. To balance out the richness, there’s a tangy punch from quick-pickled cucumbers. The toppings are all piled onto a bountiful base of shredded red cabbage and springy mixed greens with a creamy sesame dressing. Finish with a sprinkle of crunchy peanuts and fresh cilantro and you’ve got yourself a riot of colors and textures—all in one bowl!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Rice Wine Vinegar
Miso Sauce Concentrate
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Shredded Red Cabbage
Not included in your delivery
• Quarter cucumber lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim, peel, and cut carrots into ½-inch-thick rounds. TIP: Halve any larger carrots lengthwise; slice into half-moons.
• In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4), and a big pinch of salt until sugar and salt are dissolved. • Stir in cucumber; set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Stir in miso sauce concentrate, 1 tsp cucumber pickling liquid (2 tsp for 4 servings), and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Cook, stirring, until edamame is coated and crispy, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer edamame to one side of a plate to cool.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 5-7 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Add a quarter packet of sweet soy glaze (half a packet for 4 servings); stir to coat. • Transfer carrots to opposite side of plate from edamame. TIP: Refrigerate plate to cool veggies more quickly.
• While veggies cool, roughly chop cilantro. Roughly chop peanuts. • In a second small bowl, whisk together sesame dressing, mayonnaise, and as much remaining sweet soy glaze as you like until smooth.
• Once veggies are cooled, in a large bowl, toss cabbage and mixed greens with as much dressing as you like. • Divide salad between bowls. Top with pickled cucumber (draining first), carrots, and edamame in separate sections. Drizzle any remaining dressing over top. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts. Serve.