What do we want? More veggies! When do we want them? Now! Our chefs heard the call and delivered big time with these veggie-packed bowls. Rest assured that the toppings are plenty, filling, and screaming with flavor. For instance, there’s edamame (a great source of plant-powered protein) that’s covered in a crispy miso butter coating, and tender pan-roasted carrots slicked with a sweet soy glaze. To balance out the richness, there’s a tangy punch from quick-pickled cucumbers. The toppings are all piled onto a bountiful base of shredded red cabbage and springy mixed greens with a creamy sesame dressing. Finish with a sprinkle of crunchy peanuts and fresh cilantro and you’ve got yourself a riot of colors and textures—all in one bowl!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Rice Wine Vinegar
Miso Sauce Concentrate(ContainsSoy)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Sesame Dressing(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Shredded Red Cabbage
• Quarter cucumber lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Trim, peel, and cut carrots into ½-inch-thick rounds. TIP: Halve any larger carrots lengthwise; slice into half-moons.
• In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, 1 TBSP water (2 TBSP for 4 servings), ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4), and a big pinch of salt until sugar and salt are dissolved. • Stir in cucumber; set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Add edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 3-4 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Stir in miso sauce concentrate, 1 tsp cucumber pickling liquid (2 tsp for 4 servings), and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4). Cook, stirring, until edamame is coated and crispy, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. • Transfer edamame to one side of a plate to cool.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 5-7 minutes. • Remove pan from heat. Add a quarter packet of sweet soy glaze (half a packet for 4 servings); stir to coat. • Transfer carrots to opposite side of plate from edamame. TIP: Refrigerate plate to cool veggies more quickly.
• While veggies cool, roughly chop cilantro. Roughly chop peanuts. • In a second small bowl, whisk together sesame dressing, mayonnaise, and as much remaining sweet soy glaze as you like until smooth.
• Once veggies are cooled, in a large bowl, toss cabbage and mixed greens with as much dressing as you like. • Divide salad between bowls. Top with pickled cucumber (draining first), carrots, and edamame in separate sections. Drizzle any remaining dressing over top. Garnish with cilantro and peanuts. Serve.