One of our favorite cheffy tricks for taking meatballs from ordinary to extraordinary? Just add a flavorful glaze! Here, we blend scallions and ginger into ground beef, then form into meatballs and roast until tender. While they’re still hot from the oven, we toss them in a blend of soy glaze and chili sauce for spicy, sweet, and savory notes. They’re served over a stir-fry of tender bell pepper, carrots, green beans, and citrusy ponzu sauce, then sprinkled with sesame seeds for nutty crunch.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Ponzu Sauce(ContainsWheat, Fish, Soy)
Sweet Soy Glaze(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim green beans if necessary. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips.
• In a large bowl, combine beef*, panko, scallion whites, half the ginger, salt (we used ¾ tsp salt), and pepper. (Use 1½ tsp salt for 4 servings.) • Form mixture into 10-12 (20-24 for 4) 1½-inch meatballs. Spread out on a baking sheet. • Bake on top rack until meatballs are browned and cooked through, 14-16 minutes.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add carrots; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Add ponzu, half the sesame seeds (save the rest for serving), remaining ginger, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan with veggies. • Cook, stirring, until ginger is fragrant and butter has melted, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. • Remove pan from heat; keep covered.
• In a second large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet soy glaze with chili sauce; microwave until just warmed through, 30 seconds. • Once meatballs are fully cooked, carefully add to bowl and toss with sauce to coat.
• Divide veggie stir-fry between plates or shallow bowls; top with meatballs and any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with scallion greens and remaining sesame seeds. Serve.