Sweet Chili & Soy-Glazed Meatballs
over Ginger Ponzu Veggie Stir-Fry
One of our favorite cheffy tricks for taking meatballs from ordinary to extraordinary? Just add a flavorful glaze! Here, we blend scallions and ginger into ground beef, then form into meatballs and roast until tender. While they’re still hot from the oven, we toss them in a blend of soy glaze and chili sauce for spicy, sweet, and savory notes. They’re served over a stir-fry of tender bell pepper, carrots, green beans, and citrusy ponzu sauce, then sprinkled with sesame seeds for nutty crunch.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Fish, Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Soy Glaze
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; mince whites. Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim green beans if necessary. Halve, core, and thinly slice bell pepper into strips.
• In a large bowl, combine beef*, panko, scallion whites, half the ginger, salt (we used ¾ tsp salt), and pepper. (Use 1½ tsp salt for 4 servings.) • Form mixture into 10-12 (20-24 for 4) 1½-inch meatballs. Spread out on a baking sheet. • Bake on top rack until meatballs are browned and cooked through, 14-16 minutes.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add carrots; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, 1-2 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
• Add ponzu, half the sesame seeds (save the rest for serving), remaining ginger, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) to pan with veggies. • Cook, stirring, until ginger is fragrant and butter has melted, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. • Remove pan from heat; keep covered.
• In a second large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet soy glaze with chili sauce; microwave until just warmed through, 30 seconds. • Once meatballs are fully cooked, carefully add to bowl and toss with sauce to coat.
• Divide veggie stir-fry between plates or shallow bowls; top with meatballs and any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with scallion greens and remaining sesame seeds. Serve.