This veg-forward rice bowl has protein in the shape of tofu cubes and peanuts. The tofu is cooked in a sweet and spicy glaze that drips extra flavor on everything: fluffy rice, tender green beans, and crunchy candied peanuts. Move over bland tofu, this bowl is bursting with flavor.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
Bulgogi Sauce(ContainsSoy, Wheat)
Veggie Pho Stock Concentrate
• Wash and dry all produce. • Trim green beans if necessary. Pat tofu dry with paper towels, then dice into ½-inch pieces. Zest and quarter lime.
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, add green beans and a splash of water to a medium microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. • Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes; drain. TIP: No microwave? No problem! Steam beans in a small pot with a splash of water until just tender, 5-7 minutes.
• Add peanuts, 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings), and 2 TBSP water to a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until water has evaporated and peanuts are coated and lightly toasted, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer peanuts to a small bowl. Wash out pan.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add tofu to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 5-10 minutes. • Add green beans, stock concentrate, chili sauce, half the bulgogi sauce, 2 TBSP water, 1 TBSP butter, and juice from two lime wedges. (For 4 servings, use all the bulgogi sauce, 3 TBSP water, 2 TBSP butter, and juice from four lime wedges.) Cook, stirring, until everything is coated in sauce, 1-2 minutes.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) and lime zest to taste. Season with salt. • Divide rice between bowls and top with tofu mixture. Garnish with peanuts and sesame seeds. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.