Tempura Green Bean Bowls
with Jasmine Rice, Avocado & Soy-Pickled Cucumbers
It’s easy being green with our chefs on your side! Yep, they’ve created a bowl that’s positively bursting with earthy green tones, from chartreuse to forest and everything in between. On top of steamy, sushi-style rice sits soy-pickled cucumber, lime-marinated avocado, scallion greens, and the kicker: tempura-coated green beans. Sure, everything tastes better battered and fried, but we have to admit: these hot, crispy beans are particularly addictive. It’s all tied together with a drizzle of creamy sriracha sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Other meals will be green with envy.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
(Contains Eggs, Milk, Wheat)
White Wine Vinegar
Korean Chili Flakes
Not included in your delivery
• In a medium pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water, and a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2¼ cups water.
• Meanwhile, wash and dry all produce. • Trim and quarter cucumber lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inchthick pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Quarter lime. • In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, scallion whites, soy sauce, juice from half the lime, and ½ tsp sugar. Season with salt and pepper. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 1 tsp sugar.
• In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and sriracha to taste. • Halve, pit, and peel avocado; dice into ½-inch pieces. Toss in a separate small bowl with a squeeze of lime juice to taste and a pinch of chili flakes to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Pat green beans thoroughly dry with paper towels. • In a large bowl, combine tempura mix, 1 tsp salt, and 1/3 cup cold water. Stir green beans into batter until fully coated. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp salt and 2/3 cup water. • TIP: If tempura batter is too thick (before adding green beans), stir in more water 1 TBSP at a time until it reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency.
• Heat a 1/3-inch layer of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, working in batches, add coated green beans in a single layer. • Cook, turning once or twice, until golden brown, 4-6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a papertowel- lined plate. Season with salt. • TIP: To help the batter stick, don’t flip your green beans until the first side is golden brown.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 tsp sugar and vinegar to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and top with tempura green beans, marinated cucumber (discarding liquid), avocado, and sriracha mayo. Garnish with scallion greens, sesame seeds, and a pinch of chili flakes to taste. • 4 SERVINGS: Use 2 tsp sugar.