Tilapia with Scallion Sriracha Pesto
over Ginger Rice with Green Beans
Classic basil pesto never goes out of style, but tonight’s scallion pesto is just the fun, dynamic condiment we’ve been craving. The scallions are finely chopped, then mixed with sesame oil and seeds, ginger, sugar, lemon juice, and Sriracha. The result? A tangy, sweet, savory, and spicy flavor explosion that provides just the right contrast to mild tilapia fillets, fluffy ginger rice, and snappy green beans.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce (except green beans). • Peel and mince or grate ginger. Trim and finely chop scallions. Halve lemon; cut one half into wedges (for 4 servings, halve one lemon and quarter remaining).
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add 1 TBSP ginger (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Add ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4) and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice. Cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a medium bowl, combine scallions, sesame oil, half the sesame seeds, 1 TBSP olive oil, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp sugar, juice from lemon half, and Sriracha to taste. (For 4 servings, use all sesame seeds, 2 TBSP olive oil, 2 tsp ginger, 2 tsp sugar, and juice from both lemon halves.) Season with salt and pepper; add more ginger or lemon juice to taste.
• Pat tilapia* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large, preferably nonstick, pan over medium- high heat. Add tilapia and cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side. Turn off heat.
• While tilapia cooks, pierce green bean bag with a fork; place bag on a plate. Microwave until tender, 1-2 minutes. TIP: No microwave? No problem! Steam green beans in a small pot with a splash of water until just tender, 5-7 minutes. • Transfer green beans to a second medium bowl; add 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Toss until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice and green beans between plates. Arrange tilapia over rice; drizzle with scallion Sriracha pesto and soy sauce to taste. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.