Treat yourself to truffles with tonight’s ‘shroom-packed pasta. You’ll start with pillowy potato gnocchi, which you’ll cook until tender, then toss in a silky, savory sauce of sautéed button mushrooms, garlic powder, mushroom stock, cream cheese, and Parmesan. A swirl of butter and dusting of truffle zest take the rich and umami flavors to the next level. Garnish everything with crunchy, garlicky panko, then pour yourself a glass of wine and toast to a restaurant-worthy dinner.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and quarter mushrooms. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Dice tomato.
• Melt 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add panko; cook, stirring, until golden and toasted, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in half the garlic powder (you’ll use the rest later). Cook until just fragrant, 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. • Turn off heat; transfer to a small bowl. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 5-7 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium.
• Once mushrooms are browned and tender, add gnocchi to pot of boiling water. Cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. • Drain.
• Stir 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings), scallion whites, and remaining garlic powder into pan with mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in 1⁄3 cup water (½ cup for 4), stock concentrate, cream cheese, and half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving). Cook, stirring, until combined and creamy, 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat. • Stir in tomato, another 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4), and truffle zest to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
• Stir drained gnocchi into pan with sauce until thoroughly coated, adding water a splash at a time as needed. • Divide between bowls; top with scallion greens and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle with as much garlicky panko as you like and serve.