Tuscan Garlic Butter Chicken
with Creamy Kale & Paprika Roasted Carrots
Impress your dinner companions with this homemade version of an Italian favorite. Chicken is seasoned in Tuscan spices and seared to juicy perfection—here, we whip up a homemade garlic butter to form the base for an easy yet wow-worthy sauce. Add creamy kale and roasted carrots on the side, then all that’s left to do is pour the vino. Buon appetito!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Tuscan Heat Spice
Garlic Herb Butter
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Halve and peel onion; thinly slice one half. Mince remaining onion. Remove and discard any large ribs from kale.
• Toss carrots on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, paprika, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until lightly browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While carrots roast, melt 1 TBSP plain butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) in a large pan over medium heat. Add minced onion; cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add kale, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4), and 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (2 tsp for 4). (You’ll use more spice blend in the next step.) Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender, 3-4 minutes. • Remove pan from heat; stir in sour cream and ¾ of the garlic herb butter (you’ll use the rest later). Cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season all over with 1 tsp Tuscan Heat Spice (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (Be sure to measure the Tuscan Heat Spice; we sent more.) • Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan (large pan for 4) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken begins to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium. • Turn off heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board.
• Melt remaining garlic herb butter in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Slice chicken crosswise. • Divide chicken, creamy kale, and roasted carrots between plates. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and serve.