Vegan Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
with Zucchini, Shallot & Fresh Parsley
Spotlight on all the vegans and veggie-lovers in the house—it’s pasta night! This garden-inspired meal is so flavorful and satisfying, you’ll wonder why all pasta isn’t topped with a bevy of delicious produce. Our spin on classic penne with tomato sauce is studded with garlicky zucchini and umami-rich sun-dried tomatoes. Top your bowl with a savory pile of oven-roasted broccoli and caramelized shallot, and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley for an herbaceous touch.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Mushroom Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, peel, and cut shallot into ½-inch-thick wedges. Trim and quarter zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Finely chop sun-dried tomatoes. Roughly chop parsley.
• Toss broccoli and shallot on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (2 tsp for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. (Be sure to measure the Italian Seasoning.) • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Once water is boiling, add penne to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water (¾ cup for 4 servings), then drain. • While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic powder; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is lightly browned and softened, 3-5 minutes. • Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 2-3 minutes more.
• Stir crushed tomatoes, stock concentrate, ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4 servings), 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4), and a pinch of salt and pepper into pan with zucchini. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors meld, 1-3 minutes.
• Add drained penne and a large drizzle of olive oil to pan with sauce. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. TIP: If needed, stir in more reserved cooking water a splash at a time until pasta is thoroughly coated in sauce.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Top with broccoli and shallot. Garnish with parsley and serve.