Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandos
with Guacamole, Tomato & Potato Wedges
Looking for an easy vegan meal you can whip up in 30 minutes? How about one that helps you reach your summer goals? These chickpea salad sandwiches check all the boxes! You’ll mash hearty, wholesome ’banzos with guacamole, scallions, parsley, and lemon to make a fresh, bright, luscious salad. It’s served on toasted sourdough with juicy tomato slices and crispy seasoned potato wedges on the side. Ready for a filling, meat-free dinner idea that gets you out of the kitchen and into the fun? We sure are!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut potatoes into ½-inch-thick wedges. Toss on a baking sheet with a large drizzle of oil, half the Fry Seasoning (all for 4 servings), salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes.
• While potatoes roast, drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry with paper towels. Trim and thinly slice scallion greens (save whites for another use). Finely chop parsley. Quarter lemon. Thinly slice tomato into rounds; season with salt and pepper.
• Place chickpeas in a medium bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until about half the chickpeas are smooth (leave some larger pieces for texture!). • Add scallion greens, parsley, guacamole, garlic powder, a large drizzle of olive oil, and as much lemon juice as you like. Season generously with salt (we used 1 tsp; 2 tsp for 4 servings) and pepper. Stir until combined.
• Brush each side of sourdough slices with a drizzle of olive oil. • Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add bread; toast until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side (work in batches for 4 servings, adding more olive oil between batches as needed).
• Top half the toasted sourdough with chickpea salad and seasoned tomato. • Close sandwiches and halve on a diagonal.
• Divide sandwiches and potato wedges between plates. Serve.