Apricot, Almond & Chickpea Tagine
with Zucchini, Basmati Rice & Chermoula
Tagine is named for the conical clay vessel it’s traditionally cooked in. However, you don’t need one to make this dish—the entire meal comes together with the pots and pans you already have! Here, our chefs’ riff on the dish swaps the usual couscous for fluffy basmati rice, then adds hearty veggies, fragrant spices, sweet apricots, and crunchy almonds. On top, there’s two flavorful sauces: lemon cream and chermoula. The chermoula is chock-full of cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lemon, and jalapeño, which adds the perfect punch. If this all sounds complicated, it’s not! All you need is 30 minutes for this awesome dish to land on your table.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
Tunisian Spice Blend
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
• Wash and dry produce. • Halve, peel, and dice onion. Mince cilantro. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Zest and halve lemon. Mince jalapeño, removing ribs and seeds for less heat. Trim and halve zucchini lengthwise; cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add ¼ of the onion; cook, stirring, until just softened, 2-3 minutes. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), one of the stock concentrates (two for 4), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a small bowl, combine cilantro, 2 TBSP olive oil (3 TBSP for 4 servings), a pinch of garlic, salt, and pepper. Add lemon juice to taste and as much jalapeño as you like. Taste and add more garlic if desired. • In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, a pinch of salt, and as much lemon zest as you like. Add water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and remaining onion. Cook, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes (7-10 minutes for 4 servings). • Add Tunisian Spice, remaining garlic, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Add 1⁄3 cup water (²⁄3 cup for 4 servings) and remaining stock concentrate to pan. • Stir in chickpeas and bring tagine to a low simmer. Cook until liquid has slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. • Reduce heat to low; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between plates and top with tagine, almonds, and apricots. (TIP: Toast almonds before adding if you like.) Drizzle with lemon crema and chermoula. Drizzle with hot sauce if desired. Cut any remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.