Apricot Chicken with Warm Spinach Salad
plus Butternut Squash, Maple Dijon Dressing & Green Beans
Get ready to fall for the warming autumn flavors in this sweet and savory dinner idea. Seasoned butternut squash roasts in the oven until it’s tender and the sugars caramelize. You’ll toss the roasted squash with Dijon-maple dressing, then add in leafy spinach that wilts slightly as it warms, bringing out its earthy notes. Italian seasoned chicken in a lemon-kissed apricot pan sauce and roasted green beans complete this harvest plate.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim green beans if necessary. Quarter lemon.
• Toss butternut squash on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, half the Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Roast on top rack 10 minutes. (For 4 servings, spread squash out across entire sheet.) • Once squash has roasted 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully toss green beans on empty side of sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper; return to top rack and roast until veggies are tender and browned, 10-12 minutes more. (For 4, leave squash roasting; add green beans to a second baking sheet and roast on middle rack.)
• While veggies roast, pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with remaining Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. TIP: If chicken is on the thicker side, reduce heat to medium and cover the pan after turning the chicken; add a few more minutes to the cook time. • Turn off heat; transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan.
• While chicken cooks, in a large bowl, whisk together mustard, juice from half the lemon, 2 tsp maple syrup, and 2 tsp olive oil (4 tsp maple syrup and 4 tsp olive oil for 4 servings) until smooth; set aside. (Be sure to measure the maple syrup—we sent more!) • Once squash is done roasting, transfer to bowl with dressing; add spinach and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Return pan used for chicken to medium-high heat. Stir in stock concentrate, jam, ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings), and a squeeze of lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. TIP: If sauce seems too thick, stir in a splash more water.
• Slice chicken crosswise. Divide chicken, green beans, and spinach salad between plates in separate sections. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and serve with any remaining lemon wedges.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.