Our chefs are always brainstorming ways to make “chicken for dinner” a little more awesome. The delicious upgrade this week: a glossy apricot jam, miso, and lime-spiked pan sauce. Sweet and savory is the name of the game here, with the sides being no exception. Crispy roasted broccoli tossed with lime zest and chili flakes and ginger-scented rice pair perfectly with the saucy chicken. Get ready for a flavor explosion.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Miso Sauce Concentrate(ContainsSoy)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Peel and mince ginger. Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. Zest and quarter lime.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add half the ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, toss broccoli on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack until browned and tender, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, pat chicken* dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side. • Transfer to a plate.
• Add remaining ginger to same pan over medium-high heat. (TIP: If pan is dry, add another drizzle of olive oil.) Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. • Stir in jam, miso sauce concentrate, and ¼ cup water (1⁄3 cup for 4 servings). Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced and thickened, 2-3 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) and a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
• Fluff rice with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Toss broccoli with lime zest and chili flakes to taste. • Divide chicken, rice, and broccoli between plates. Top chicken with pan sauce. Serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side. TIP: If you want extra heat, top chicken with a pinch of remaining chili flakes.