Bacon & Scallop Mushroom Risotto
with Parsley & Lemon Wedges
Scallops love bacon and the feeling is mutual! And what better way to let this surf-and-turf romance blossom than on a bed of creamy mushroom risotto? Some of the crisped bacon is stirred into the risotto so you’ll get a little bit of smoky goodness in every bite. The sweet scallops served on top are seared and butter-basted so they’re extra luscious. Is it getting hot in here? No, just us?
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Italian Cheese Blend
Not included in your delivery
• In a medium pot, combine 5 cups water (8 cups for 4 servings) and stock concentrates. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. (You’ll use the simmering stock in step 3.) • Heat a large, dry pan over medium- high heat. Add bacon*; cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop. Wipe out pan.
• While bacon cooks, wash and dry produce. • Peel and very thinly slice garlic. Halve, peel, and mince shallot.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a second large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook, stirring, until softened, 1 minute. • Add rice; stir until translucent, 1-2 minutes. • Add 1 cup stock (1½ cups for 4 servings); stir until liquid has mostly absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock—adding ½ cup at a time and stirring until liquid has mostly absorbed—until rice is al dente and mixture is creamy, 18-20 minutes. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need a little more or a little less liquid.
• While risotto cooks, trim and slice mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick pieces (skip if your mushrooms are pre- sliced!). Zest and quarter lemon. Pick parsley leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. • Heat a drizzle of oil in pan used for bacon over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until browned and crisp, 6-8 minutes. • Turn off heat; remove from pan and set aside.
• Pat scallops* dry with paper towels; season generously all over with salt and pepper. • Once mushrooms are done, heat a large drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes. • Turn off heat; stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings) until melted.
• Once risotto is done, stir in mushrooms, lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice, half the bacon, half the cheese, and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. Add more lemon juice if desired. • Divide risotto between bowls; top with scallops, remaining bacon, and remaining cheese. Garnish with parsley. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.