with a Crispy Mozzarella Crust, Bacon Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli
Bruschetta, or to some, “broo-sketta,” is one of those foods that’s just as fun to say as it is to eat. The delicious mixture of chopped juicy tomatoes, lemon juice, and fresh herbs—usually piled on top of bread—is pretty tough to beat. So our chefs decided to give it a delicious upgrade. This recipe swaps bread (which, let’s be honest, usually gets a bit soggy!) for golden, panko-and-mozzarella-coated chicken cutlets. On the side, there’s creamy mashed potatoes studded with bits of crispy bacon and roasted broccoli tossed with bright lemon zest. One bite will transport you to the Italian countryside.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Green Herb Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces if necessary. • Place 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in mozzarella, panko, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
• Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Pat chicken* dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Place on one side of prepared sheet (for 4 servings, spread chicken out across entire sheet). Mound mozzarella crust onto tops of chicken, pressing firmly to adhere (no need to coat the undersides).
• Place potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. • Reserve ½ cup potato cooking liquid; drain. Return potatoes to pot; cover to keep warm. • Meanwhile, place bacon* in a large, dry pan over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. • Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
• Toss broccoli on opposite side of sheet from chicken with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper. (For 4 servings, toss broccoli on a second baking sheet; roast on middle rack.) • Roast on top rack until chicken is cooked through and broccoli is tender, 15-20 minutes. TIP: For a deeply golden crust, broil chicken for the last 2-3 minutes.
• While chicken and broccoli roast, finely dice tomato. Pick parsley leaves from stems; finely chop leaves. Thinly slice chives. Zest and quarter lemon. • In a small bowl, combine tomato, chopped parsley, chives, a big squeeze of lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Mash potatoes with 2 TBSP butter (3 TBSP for 4 servings) until smooth, adding splashes of reserved potato cooking liquid as needed. • Roughly chop bacon; add half to mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. • Sprinkle broccoli with lemon zest to taste. • Divide potatoes, broccoli, and chicken between plates. Top chicken with bruschetta and potatoes with remaining bacon. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.