Cauliflower & Chickpea Tikka Masala
with Rice, Yogurt & Cilantro
If you’ve ever been daunted by the idea of making curry at home, you’re in luck! We’ll send you all the spices you need plus a sauce base that makes this vegetarian curry super easy and convenient to make. Cauliflower is roasted with curry powder then finishes cooking with chickpeas in the tikka masala sauce. Serve it all over a bed of jasmine rice, drizzle with yogurt, then sprinkle with cilantro leaves for a seriously good curry for when you’re in a hurry (or even if you’re not!).
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Curry Base Sauce
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces if necessary. Halve, peel, and finely dice half the onion (whole onion for 4 servings). Drain chickpeas, reserving ¼ cup liquid (½ cup for 4). Pick cilantro leaves from stems.
• In a medium bowl, toss cauliflower with a large drizzle of olive oil, curry powder, and a couple big pinches of salt until coated. • Spread cauliflower out on a baking sheet; roast on top rack until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• In a small pot, combine rice, ¾ cup water (1½ cups for 4 servings), and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. • Add chickpeas and half the garam masala (all for 4 servings); cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Stir in curry sauce base, reserved chickpea liquid, ½ tsp sugar (1 tsp for 4 servings), ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4) to pan with chickpeas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat; stir in 2 TBSP butter (4 TBSP for 4) until melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
• Fluff rice with a fork; divide between one side of each bowl. Serve chickpeas next to rice. Arrange cauliflower in the middle. Drizzle with yogurt. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and serve.