No matter the weather, few things are more satisfying than a pot of hearty, soul-warming soup (aka the culinary equivalent of a cozy blanket). This one is chock full of goodness—that is to say crumbled chicken sausage, aromatic veggies, springy couscous, and tender curly kale. And because no good brothy bowl is complete without some bread for dunking, we’re also throwing in toasty, garlic-herb-butter-slathered ciabatta. Soup’s on!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Chicken Stock Concentrate
Ciabatta Bread(ContainsWheat, Soy)
Garlic Herb Butter(ContainsMilk)
• Wash and dry all produce. • Trim, peel, and cut carrot into a small dice. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Remove and discard any large stems from kale. Peel and thinly slice garlic.
• Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. • Add sausage* and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned, 4-6 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step).
• Add a large drizzle of olive oil to pot with sausage. • Stir in carrot, onion, kale, and a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are just softened and sausage is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
• Add garlic and half the Italian Seasoning (all for 4 servings) to pot. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Stir in stock concentrates and 3½ cups warm water (6 cups for 4), scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pot. • Add half the couscous (all for 4), then cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, immediately reduce heat to low. Simmer until couscous is al dente, 7-9 minutes.
• Meanwhile, halve and toast ciabatta. • Spread garlic herb butter onto cut sides, then slice each half on a diagonal to create triangles.
• Stir half the Parmesan into soup until melted. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. • Divide soup between bowls and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Serve with garlic toasts on the side.