One of our favorite ways to eat our veggies? Giving them the tempura treatment! Coating them in the light, airy batter before frying yields addictively crispy, golden results you just can’t get any other way. Here, you’ll whip up tempura mushrooms, then pile into rice bowls with tender roasted green beans. It’s all drizzled with our favorite dynamite sauce—a creamy, spicy, sweet, and savory (yes, all those things!) sauce that’s so good, you’ll find yourself swiping up every last drop.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce(ContainsSoy)
Tempura Mix(ContainsEggs, Milk, Wheat)
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Trim and halve mushrooms (quarter any large mushrooms). Zest and quarter lime. • In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
• In a small pot, combine rice, 1¼ cups water (2¼ cups for 4 servings), and a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a low simmer. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. • Keep covered off heat until ready to serve.
• While rice cooks, in a medium bowl, whisk together tempura mix, 1⁄3 cup cold water (2/3 cup for 4 servings), Fry Seasoning, and ½ tsp salt (1 tsp for 4). TIP: If needed, add more water 1 TBSP at a time until the mixture reaches a pancake-batter-like consistency. • Stir mushrooms into batter until fully coated.
• Toss green beans on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a 1⁄3-inch layer of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough that a drop of batter sizzles when added to the pan, use tongs to add coated mushrooms in a single layer. (TIP: You may need to work in batches.) Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side. • Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season with salt.
• Fluff rice with a fork; stir in lime zest and 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Season with salt and pepper. • Divide rice between bowls and top with mushrooms and green beans. Drizzle with dynamite sauce and serve with any remaining lime wedges on the side.