You’ve likely come across figs baked into desserts, dried and nestled onto cheese platters, or preserved and slathered on toast for breakfast. But today, we’re mixing things up by pairing fig jam with tangy balsamic vinegar. The result? A sweet and savory sauce that’ll transform the tender pork tenderloin it’s drizzled on top of.
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Stock Concentrate
• Adjust racks to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. • Dice potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Trim, peel, and cut carrots on a diagonal into ½-inch-thick pieces. Strip thyme leaves from stems; chop leaves until you have 2 tsp (4 tsp for 4 servings). Halve, peel, and finely chop shallot.
• Toss potatoes on one side of a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, half the chopped thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss carrots on empty side with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until tender and crisped, 20-25 minutes.
While veggies roast, pat pork* dry with paper towels; season all over with salt and pepper. • Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add pork and sear, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 4-8 minutes (it’ll finish cooking in the next step). Transfer to a second baking sheet.
• Roast pork on middle rack until cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest a few minutes, then thinly slice crosswise.
• Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in pan used for pork over medium heat. Add shallot and remaining chopped thyme. Cook, stirring, until softened, 1-2 minutes. • Stir in stock concentrate, vinegar, jam, and ¼ cup water (½ cup for 4 servings). Simmer until thick and saucy, 2-3 minutes. • Remove pan from heat and stir in 1 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for 4) until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
• Divide potatoes, carrots, and pork between plates. Drizzle pan sauce over pork and serve.